"When life gives you lemons, make a lemon drop martini honey!"
Though summer is winding down, this classic martini is always a great choice as a refresher. This drink is perfect for dinner parties, birthdays, cook outs or a party of one, after a long day.
The key to a great lemon drop martini is achieving the perfect blend of
tart and sweet!
Here are some tips for success:
- Use fresh lemon juice: Fresh ingredients are always your best bet when making anything. Freshly squeezed lemon juice will give the drink a more potent flavor.
- Ice Ice Baby: One of the main qualifications of a good cocktail is the temperature. Cold cocktails are a must. Make sure you add ice to your shaker when prepping your drink.
- Spice up your recipe: Traditional lemon drops call for vodka, however vodka's cousin, tequila is the true life of the party. Tequila has an extra flare and takes this simple drink to the next level. Be sure to use silver tequila.
- Presentation matters: When ordering a drink at the bar, most people order martinis because they're cute (and sweet). Just because you're making this at home doesn't mean you should skip out on the experience. Dress the rim up with sugar and add a slice of lemon to top it all off!
Alright now that you have the basics, let's get into the recipe!
2 oz Tequila
1 oz Orange liqueur
1 oz Freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 oz Simple syrup
Fine sugar for the rim
Lemon slice for garnish
- Run a slice of lemon along the rim of a martini glass to wet it and give the rim a touch of lemon flavor.
- Dip the rim in some fine sugar all around its perimeter.
- Add some ice to the cocktail shaker and then pour in freshly squeezed lemon juice, tequila, orange liqueur, and simple syrup.
- Close the shaker and give it a few shakes to mix everything together.
- Pour martini into the prepared glass and garnish with a lemon slice